Boost Your Child's Emotional IQ
help your child develop the outlook and life skills they need to be happy, healthy, and successful
Kids are born with their IQ. With your help, they develop their EQ.
Emotional Intelligence is a collection of skills that help kids manage their emotions, understand the emotions of others, and develop positive, healthy relationships. Building kids’ skills in those three areas can transform a child’s daily life and bring peace and connection to a family and household. So how do kids develop a high Emotional IQ? The adults in their lives provide the environment, relationships, and skill building needed for them to explore, learn, practice, and succeed. That’s what this course is all about.
As kids increase their Emotional IQ, more and more they:
- feel confident and competent
- have a deepening, intrinsic sense of self-worth, self-acceptance, and self-trust
- can identify and regulate their emotions and impulses
- are attuned to their own needs and the best ways to appropriately meet those needs
- see and understand the perspective and experiences of others
- communicate authentically and respectfully, even in difficult situations
- set and hold clear and healthy boundaries
- give voice to their ideas and opinions, even when friends and other important people disagree
- are accountable for their impact on others, offering a heartfelt apology and making amends when they’ve hurt another
- have a growth mindset, allowing them to avoid getting stuck in “I can’t do it!” and embrace “I can’t do it YET!” thinking
- see failures as opportunities to learn and grow
- are out-of-the-box thinkers and problem solvers
- apply conflict resolution strategies to big and little disagreements
- have a balanced approach to screen and social media use
- create strong, healthy relationships
- effectively cope with stress, anxiety, perfectionism, and other emotional challenges
- and so much more!
Invest into your child's social and emotional well-being.
The Boosting Your Child’s Emotional IQ course gives you the insight and tools you need to take advantage of all the moments you have as a parent or caregiver to help your child develop the outlook and life skills they need to be happy, healthy, and successful. It’s an essential investment into your child and the relationship you have.
Enjoy top benefits like..
learn as you teach
Let’s be honest, many of us don’t have all the skills listed above. However, if we’re willing to learn, we can increase our Emotional IQ right along with our kid’s, making us better parents and caregivers.
success only requires small, workable steps
Creating the right framework for your kids can seem like an overwhelming task. That’s why I break it down into small, workable steps that build on each other and become part of your everyday life. Emotional IQ skills are all interconnected so as you work on one, you work on all of them.
you can start with any age
Kids as young as four can begin developing these skills, however the window of learning never closes. Older kids can learn emotional intelligence skills just as well. In this course, you’ll learn how to guide and support your child, no what their age.
Meet Your Trainer
Helping parents and nannies connect with their kids, during the everyday routines and around challenging behaviors and difficult situations, is my passion. As a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator and creator of the Connection Centered Parenting and Nannying Program, I’m proud to say that over the years, I’ve earned a reputation for providing a unique blend of common-sense strategies, intuitive guidance, and user-friendly tools to my clients. I’m all about teachable moments, emotional intelligence, a growth mindset, child-focused positive communication and conflict resolution skills, and the fundamental idea that kids do better when they feel better.
I’m also a certified mediator, conflict coach, and communications trainer so all my offerings are infused with expertise in interpersonal communication and conflict resolution.
In this training series, we’ll unpack the three elements needed to boost your child’s emotional IQ.
Let’s be honest, most of us don’t have all the skills listed above. However, if we’re willing to learn, we can increase our Emotional IQ, making up better parents and caregivers.
We’ll unpack the elements of a connected, respectful, trusting, supportive relationship between you and your child. You’ll learn how to step into the role of your child’s emotional coach and guide them through the many situations and challenges everyday life offers.
You’ll learn when and how to introduce new skills to your child and give them the space and support they need to practice and develop those skills. We’ll focus on self-awareness, self-regulation, communication, conflict resolution, mindfulness, and relationship.
This course includes:
- 5 one-hour sessions on the 1st Sunday of the month starting in January, you can attend live or view the recording
- a bonus session for nannies, Talking About Emotional Intelligence During the Interview (May 26th)
- discussion group for questions, brainstorming, and support
- 30 minutes of one-on-one coaching that can be used until December 32, 2024
- guidebook and quick tip sheets
- lifetime access to all recordings and materials